Okay so I want to be honest here, because I think it is important. I recently took a blood test and an ultrasound, and I found out that I have a fatty liver. I took a blood test last year as well, and the results showed that my vitamin D was below average. I am trying to focus on losing weight to get my organs in better shape. I bought a few vitamin supplements last week online from iHerb. Surprisingly I received my order in three days. The vitamins I’m taking are suppose to help my fatty liver, and I also have to decrease my platelet count. Basically a platelet is involved in blood clotting, and I really need to decrease mine.
Vitamins I’m Taking
- Milk Thristle
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D3
- Fish Oil
- Vitamin B12
I know a fatty liver is very common. I don’t want to go in too much detail, but my advice is to pay attention to your body. I knew that something was up with my body, because I didn’t feel the same and that’s why I decided to take a blood test. In addition, I want to address the fact that I was eating a vegan diet for about two months, and I actually gained weight. My doctor ordered me to include meat again into my diet. I started eating a vegan diet in January and I got the blood test in March. For now, I am trying to focus on losing weight in order to repair the damage to my organs. If any of you any advice please let me know.
Hey everyone! Happy New Year! I’ve made a list of goals just like everyone else in this world, and I’ve been purchasing more and more things lately related to that goal.
The goal is to switch over to green beauty products in 2017.
The #1 reason I want to switch to green beauty products is because when I switched to cruelty free makeup I was introduced to green beauty products. I never knew that those products existed without chemicals, and at first I wasn’t interested at all. But then around September 2016 I then realized that my skin didn’t feel the same, and my skin felt itchy and irritated by the products I was putting on it. That’s when I was introduced to Laura’s Natural Life on YouTube, and The Organic Bunny blog. I am really interested in making my skin feel good again, and that’s why I want to switch some of my products to green beauty.
The 2nd thing that I want to bring up is that while I will be switching a lot of my products to green beauty, it won’t all be at once. I want to continue using the eyeshadows that I have, because honestly I only wear them for certain occasions and I don’t want to throw them out just yet. But from now on, if I do need to buy certain makeup products because I’m out of it then I will buy green beauty products.
Please drop a comment below! Besos xoxo
As part of the Christmas Challenge I wanted to show you a gift guide. I always give my friends and family members these type of gifts. Personally I love giving gifts that others will use in their life, rather than material items. Please keep reading if you want to learn what items make the best gifts.
- Today we can easily send a picture or post it on Instagram, but personally I love printing out my favorite picture of the person that I want to give a gift to.
- This idea is super thoughtful. In fact, one year my friend gifted me this picture frame, and I gave her the exact same thing. Aw! 🙂 True friendship!
- It’s super easy. Go to CVS photography or WalMart and you can print and edit a picture of your friend or family member. You can also create a collage on the kiosks, which is what I did.
- Then, buy a picture frame at The Dollar Store, GoodWill, or Target/Walmart.
- Next, wrap it up and give it to your loved one.
- I think this is a great idea, because a picture frame is a great decoration item for the home.
- I am a huge book warm. I think you should gift your loved one either your favorite book, or a book that you think would make a difference in their life.
- Books are a great idea, because well knowledge is power right!
- I think a book is a personal, because then they can share what they thought of the book. I think books can also be life changing, because they have the power to make us think about things in a new way
- Currently I’m reading You are a Badass How to stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero. It is a self help book, and I would recommend it for the person in your life who you know is great, but they might need a little push.
- Of course I was going to suggest a makeup product, I mean this is a makeup blog!
- If you know your loved one is dying to get a new lipstick or eyeshadow palette, then this is the perfect time to gift it for them. Personally I love makeup, and while fuzzy socks are great too, makeup gifts are a sweet spot for me.
- If you don’t know what makeup product they want, then buy them a Visa Prepaid card that way they can buy whatever makeup product they like.
- Check out my November Makeup Favorites for any recommendation
I hope this gift guide helps you out. If you are reading this thank you for taking the time out of your day to read it, and I truly hope it inspires you to give thoughtful gifts. I hope you have a great Christmas, and please cherish the moments with your loved ones.
I wanted to take a quick minute, and address that I changed my blog name from Roses and Amor to Modest Makeup Drawer. I don’t want to go into too much details as too why I changed the name, but if you have questions by all means ask them.
Hello everyone!! While I want this blog to primarily be about cruelty free makeup reviews. I also want to expand on money, lifestyle, and food. Please drop a comment below about any questions or comments you may have! I hope you are all having a great weekend. Besos.
One of the topics I want to talk about on this blog, that is important to me is love. The blog is called Roses and Amor, because it is a play on my name. Also amor translates to love from Spanish (FYI). The main purpose of this blog is to share with you my cruelty free makeup products, but on a more real depth, I think it is important to share and talk about love. For me I love food, and I love to read, and write. I want to spread the love, because I think it is truly important, especially in this world right now.
The first thing that is important is to determine what love is. To me it’s that gushy feeling I feel when I see pizza or my boyfriend (insert smiley emoji with two heart eyes). According to google the definition of love is (noun): an intense feeling of deep affection. I think this is kind of coincidental because when I say that I love a product, for instance the Colourpop highlighter in Wisp, it’s because I have a intense feeling about it, and I keep reaching and using it. One of the reasons I think I love wearing makeup, is because I feel more special and kind of impressed with myself. Like not only did I get up today, and do my makeup, but I know that I love myself, and I want to inspire others to love who they are too. So in terms of loving yourself, I want to say to my readers that you should write down everything that you love. It could be pizza or your pet, but it’s important to share what you love and think about it. I mean we all think about our bills that we have to pay, and the workload we have, but sometimes we need to think and share love.