At this time last year I was researching makeup brands, and finding out which were cruelty free. Here are five things that I learned about going cruelty free.
- The first thing I learned was that it was difficult to find my holy grail cruelty free products. Mascara was one of the most difficult things to find, since I was obsessed with Covergirl’s orange lash blast mascara. I eventually found my holy grail which is Pacifica’s Dream Big mascara. I guess what I want to say is that it is a lot of trial error in switching to cruelty free makeup products.
- Shop at TJMaxx for cruelty free brands. I bought Crystal deodorant, and Jason shampoo for a reasonable price at TJMaxx. I also found this gem (pictured) at TJMaxx, I only wish it was a larger container, since it made me feel like I traveled to Hawaii.
- The brand E.L.F became my best friend. I really liked the eyeliner, and HD translucent powder (pictured). I also love E.L.F brushes. They are soft and affordable, I think the most expensive one is $3. Like are you kidding!
- Buy samples or travel size makeup products. I bought the Vapour sample kit which was about $17 with shipping, but I got a $10 promo code, and I figured out which product I wanted to buy full size. You should definitely switch to cruelty free products slowly, and I think buying samples or travel size makes it easy because you can decide which product you like the most.
- I became more aware of the ingredients in the products. I started watching Laura’s Natural Life on YouTube, and she made me aware of more green products that I should be using. Towards the end of the year I found out about The Organic Bunny, and I absolutely love her blog. For the new year I will be switching to more green makeup products. I will upload a blog post about why I am switching to green products later.
Please tell me what you think, and let me know what your experience has been since switching to cruelty free makeup products.